In Celebration of Peaches
I distinctly remember being pregnant with my second son in the wintertime and watching a cooking show that showcased peaches. I was nearly overcome with the insatiable hunger for a fresh, ripe peach- which wasn't to be found in Ohio in February. Few things hit the spot like these seasonal fruits and we're featuring 5 ways to savor the sweet summer flavor of peaches.
1. Peach Cobbler. Serve warm and top with vanilla bean ice cream. This recipe is more of a biscuit texture than a traditional cobbler. My mom has sent over two cobblers to our house this summer made with peaches she bought from a local Amish family, and let me tell you, the melty, buttery biscuit is heavenly.
2. Peach Ice Cream. Fresh homemade ice cream beats the store bought options in terms of vibrant flavor.
3. Peach Iced Tea. Sweet and refreshing!
4. Rosemary-roasted peaches with salted caramel sauce. Need I say more?
5. Peach streusel muffins. Soft and fluffy with no shortage of peach flavor, these muffins are pure delight for breakfast.
Can't get enough? Neither can we!